BJU rallies around Furman, Columbia International universities after death of students

University family signed banners with messages to each South Carolina college after two tragic deaths
Prince Sarnicula
Provided by BJU.

Bob Jones University students and staff united in prayer this week for the families and universities of two college students in South Carolina who died in the past two weeks.

Bryce Stanfield, 21, was a defensive tackle on the Furman University football team. He collapsed during a workout at the university’s football stadium, the Associated Press reported. Stanfield was taken to the hospital and put on life support. He died two days later, on Feb. 9.

Patricia Wolfe, a graduate student at Columbia International University’s School of Counseling, was walking to class just before 8 a.m., Feb. 15, when she was hit by a vehicle, according to news station WLTX. The driver got out of his vehicle to check on her condition. She was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.

Provided by BJU. (Prince Sarnicula)

BJU mourned the loss of these two students alongside Furman and Columbia International. To express sympathy and support for these universities, BJU will send banners with student, staff and faculty signatures to each university. Students were urged to stop by the Student Center Mall to sign the banners and to leave a message if they wished.