Boba Jones brings boba tea and waffles with new restaurant concept

Ribbon cutting set for 11:45 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 8 with limited boba tea samples.
Heather Battles

Bob Jones University will open Boba Jones, a brand-new tea and waffles shop, on Feb. 8, in partnership with Aramark. 

Brent Wustman, senior general manager at Aramark, said that Boba Jones was a year in the making. It will be a brand-new spot for students to hang out in the afternoon and evenings as its hours of operation are listed as 11:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m., weekdays.  

Photo provided by BJU Dining.

The goal was to make it a place where students want to spend their time. To make it as welcoming as possible, BJU put in new lighting, tables, chairs and signs.

Boba Jones is the first of its kind, at BJU and surrounding campuses.

“Nobody else is doing it, so why not?” Wustman said. 

Boba Jones will feature a rotating menu with an emphasis on customization.  

The shop boasts a wide drink selection, including milk teas, fruit refreshers and blended teas. Customization is key, with many different flavors to choose from and topping choices like traditional boba, rainbow jellies and popping boba.  

Drinks aren’t the only option offered here. Boba Jones sells a variety of sweet and savory bubble waffles like Cheerwine BBQ brisket, Monte Cristo, churro and cookies and crème.  

Boba Jones will accept Bruins Bucks like all other Aramark-operated restaurants, Wustman said.  

The boba shop boasts a unique menu with fresh ideas. Be sure to mark your calendars for Thursday, February 8, when Boba Jones is scheduled to open for the first time.  

Dr. Alan Benson, BJU’s acting CEO, will cut the ribbon to officially open the new cafe, at 11:45 a.m., Feb. 8. Boba Jones will offer 40 free samples of boba tea at the event along with other giveaway opportunities for beverages and water bottles, according to the University.

Until then, check out these early concepts for the Boba Jones logos.