Collegian staff thanks Dr. Stephen Jones for service to student body, love for BJU

Dr. Jones,

The Collegian staff would like to express our thanks to you for selflessly serving our student body as president of BJU, even as you have continued to endure an intense and prolonged trial.

Hebrews 12 admonishes believers to run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the One who endured the ultimate trial of the cross. Thank you for displaying the endurance that reflects Christ and that yields the fruit of righteousness. 

We are sad to see you resign from the presidency, but we recognize that God is in control of the future of BJU. The humility displayed through your resignation shows a life that is submitted to the Lord and His sovereign will. Thank you for this example.

We pray that God will be glorified through the presidential search, and we know He will bring the right man to assume the role as president.

You have been a blessing to the members of our staff, and a few individuals would like to express personal notes of gratitude:

“I love knowing that Dr. Jones has a heart for the students. He will be missed greatly!” Molly Waits

“Dr. Jones has taught me personally through his life never to give up and to trust in God. No matter what trials or hardships arise, trust God and keep pursuing his will. He is one of the best examples of these principles I have ever seen.” Gabby Salter

“I first heard Dr. Jones speak at a friendship dinner when I was in high school. His clear love for the Lord and other people and his down-to-earth manner were part of the reason I felt peace from God about attending BJU.

Dr. Jones, thank you so much for your consistent testimony through all the trials you’ve faced. I’m praying for you as you transition to this new path God has for you.” Leigh Kosin

“Loving. Humble. Faithful. These are three words that have characterized Dr. Jones and his presidency during his trial of vertigo.

Thank you, Dr. Jones, for being an example of Christ to the student body during your time as president and connecting with us on a personal level, setting the example of a humble servant, and faithfully serving faculty, staff, the student body and, most importantly, our God.” Bethany Williams

“Dr. Jones is humble and hard-working. He definitely makes the University an enjoyable place to study and further our education. He will definitely be missed as president.” Reina Perez

“Dr. Jones is one of the most genuine people I have ever met. Even in the midst of trial and adversity, his God is still real to him, and he challenges each of us to have that same genuine, steadfast faith. I want to thank Dr. Jones for his humility and love of the University family. I hope and pray that God will grant him healing and use him mightily, wherever God’s perfect will leads him.” Stephanie Schmidt