Week at a Glance

Click image to enlarge.

WAG2-27-18

Prayer & Worship Event

The Student Leadership Council’s Prayer & Worship Event on Saturday, Feb. 22, will help to take students’ minds off their busy schedules and return their focus to God and His holiness. “We try to plan these events during the most stressful times in the semester,” women’s student body chaplain Abigail Troutman said.

Troutman and the SLC hope the event will give students a break during midterms and focus them on God through music and prayer. The event will be held in the Applied Studies Building Assembly Room at 9 p.m.

ePortfolio & LinkedIn Workshop

In today’s job market, having a professional online presence is crucial, so the University is offering an ePortfolio & LinkedIn Workshop at 5 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 24, taught by Dr. Steve Buckley.

“Now is when students who will be looking for a job really need to start thinking and preparing,” Buckley said, “because summer is coming, and that’s when employers really start searching for new employees.”

The seminar will teach students how to create and maintain a distinctive online presence, allowing them to find job opportunities.

The workshop will meet in Alumni 220.

Student eTickets end

Students should reserve their eTickets for the Georgia Boy Choir artist series concert by Monday, Feb. 24.

SLC Dessert Social 

After students finish taking in the Georgia Boy Choir’s performance on Thursday, Feb 27, they will have an option for an affordable, convenient dessert, provided by the Student Leadership Council. “Students don’t always have the time or money to go off campus to eat after artist series,” said Patrick Beam, senior pre-physical therapy major and men’s event coordinator for the SLC. “But sometimes they still want to do something fun with the people they attended artist series with, whether that’s a date or a group of friends.”

To remedy this situation, following the upcoming artist series, the SLC will serve a dessert social in the Student Center, where students will be able to purchase a piece of cheesecake and a cup of coffee for a $1.50.