Week at a Glance

Click image to enlarge.

WAG-27-17-2

Leadership Workshop

Dr. Gary Weier, executive vice president for Academic Affairs, will speak on vision casting during a leadership workshop held Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 4 to 4:30 p.m. in Levinson Hall.

Vision casting is communicating to those who work under you what the big picture for your business is and reminding them how day-to-day work contributes toward this overall view.

“I am looking forward to interacting with the students and helping them think about how they can unify and motivate those they serve,” Weier said.

The workshop will provide instruction on how to lead in a biblical manner. “We strive to partner with and equip current and emerging leaders to cultivate a culture of Christ-like service,” said Chris Pennington, the event coordinator and GA for the Center for Leadership Development.

Students who wish to attend this workshop should sign up on a link found on the home page banner on the intranet.

Student Body Bowling Activity

The Student Leadership Council will host two identical student-bowling activities on Feb. 21 and Feb. 28, from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Tickets for the first event can be bought at Activities & Organizations for $10 starting Feb. 17. Only 150 spots are available each night, so make sure to get tickets right away.

Following prayer group at 10:45 p.m., students participating in this event will be driven to Peach Bowl Lanes in Greer. Bowling shoes will be provided for each student. The number of games during the two hours will be unlimited. Concessions will be available, but students should expect to pay for any food themselves.