Week at a Glance

Cyrano de Bergerac
Wednesday, November 20 – Friday, November 22

BJU Job Fair
Wednesday, November 20, Riley Reception Room, 12:30 p.m.

Leadership Mini-Workshop
Thursday, November 21, Levinson Hall, 4 p.m.

Lyric Choir
Thursday, November 21, War Memorial Chapel, 5 p.m,

Pre-Law Forum
Thursday, November 21, Levinson Hall, 6 p.m.

Concert Band
Friday, November 22, Stratton Hall, 5 p.m.

Cyrano de Bergerac SMART Performance
The SMART performance for Cyrano de Bergerac will be held on Nov. 18 in Rodeheaver Auditorium at 7 p.m. The full-length SMART performance is open to all public, homeschool and Christian high school students; tickets are available at Programs and Productions.

Dr. Janie McCauley, a member of the English faculty, began preparing materials for these performances 19 years ago to share BJU’s fine arts performances with the community. SMART guides of the plays are given to students in their schools one month before the performance. “I think it gives them a lot of insight into history, literature and the arts,” McCauley said. “I try to write the guide on the students’ level so that they can understand and enjoy it.”

An informative documentary film, beginning at 6:10 p.m., will also enhance the students’ understanding of the play.

Pre-Law Forum
The Pre-Law Forum will host attorney Marc Ingersoll, managing partner of Ingersoll & Hicks in Winston-Salem, N.C., on Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. in Levinson Hall. Ingersoll will discuss his personal experiences in law from college to the present, as well as the everyday aspects of his legal practice and how he uses a Christian perspective in the legal profession.

“This is the last event for the semester, and we’re eager to see more students come and participate in this excellent learning experience,” Pre-Law Forum president Ethan Sanders said. “It is a great opportunity for students to learn firsthand from Christian professionals, which will benefit them in any career path, not just law or politics.”

National News
The Leonids meteor shower will reach its peak of visibility late at night on Saturday, Nov. 16. If the night is clear, you should be able to see the meteor shower from any direction.

This week in history
President Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address 150 years ago on Nov. 19, 1863.

Nov. 22 marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963.