Week at a Glance

Preregistration activities begin
Monday, November 11

New chapel seat assignments
Monday, November 11

Woodwind & Flute Choirs 
Monday, November 11, 5 p.m., Stratton Hall

Journalism and Mass Communication Forum
Tuesday, November 12, 5 p.m.

Art and Design Forums 
Tuesday, November 12, 5 p.m.

Class ring and graduation announcement orders
Thursday, November 14,11:45 a.m. – 5 p.m., Campus Store

Managing Your Resources Mini-Workshop
Thursday, November 14, 3 p.m., Levinson Hall

Preregistration activities begin
University preregistration activities for second semester will begin Nov. 11 and continue through Dec. 3. Students may set up class schedules for the coming semester with the help of their academic advisers. Placement tests for second semester will be open as well.

Woodwind & Flute Choirs
The University’s Woodwind Choir and Flute Choir will combine to present a fall concert at 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, in Stratton Hall. The concert will feature music written specifically for flute and woodwind instrumental performances. “We are excited to be playing one of Dr. Seth Custer’s new compositions,” said Dr. Esther Waite, director of the Flute Choir. Custer is a member of the University’s music faculty. The flute choir will premiere the piece, titled “Gumbo Gambol.” Robert Chest, director of the Woodwind Choir, will then direct the Woodwind Choir in the performance of various transcriptions from the classical period.

Resume and Job Interview Workshop
A Resume and Job Interview Workshop will be held at 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, in Levinson Hall. According to Dr. Steve Buckley, manager of Career Services, the workshop will feature guest speaker Elizabeth Palmisano from Level One who will provide advice on how to translate your personal experience into professional descriptions.

Career Seminar
A Career Seminar will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, in Levinson Hall. The seminar will discuss the topic of finding employment through staffing agencies. According to Dr. Steve Buckley, manager of Career Services, attendees can learn how to leverage staffing agencies to find part-time and full-time employment. A guest speaker from Marketplace Professional will speak at the seminar.

Biblical Worldview Forum
A Biblical Worldview Forum will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 15, in Founder’s Memorial Amphitorium. Forums usually consist of a panel that answers a series of questions submitted by students about a specific topic that is relevant to the university family.