Tealoha combines calm atmosphere, fresh, organic menu

With+the+friendly+service%2C+an+all-natural+menu+and+distinctive+setting%2C+Tealoha+is+perfect+for+both+studying+and+relaxing.++Photo%3A+Emma+Klak+
With the friendly service, an all-natural menu and distinctive setting, Tealoha is perfect for both studying and relaxing. Photo: Emma Klak

You don’t have to be a tea fanatic to appreciate everything Tealoha has to offer.

Located on East McBee Avenue in downtown Greenville, the quiet, relaxing atmosphere of Tealoha provides a good spot to take a break from the busyness of life.

Jun Li, owner of Tealoha, thought up the name of the tea lounge while she was on her honeymoon in Hawaii.

“I’ve always had an interest in tea, and I’ve always wanted to start my own business,” Li said. “We’ve been living here for a while and noticed that Greenville needs some healthier places.”

Tealoha features all-natural, organic food and drink options with many unique flavors. All of the teas are brewed with specialty loose-leaf tea blends. Tealoha’s SpecialTEAS, served hot or cold, Iced FruiTEAS and SmooTEAS range in price from $3.50 to $4.50. For customers who may not want a tea-based drink, Tealoha also offers a Mango Lemonade for $3.50. The lemonade contains a perfect balance between sweet and sour fruit flavors and is served in a cute glass jar.

The two most popular drinks at Tealoha are the Snow Flake Latte, a black tea-based drink with steamed milk, an organic sugar cane syrup and an intense coconut flavor, and the Pumpkin Spice Tea Latte made from real dried pumpkin.

On the food menu, Tealoha features a variety of paninis, wraps, salads and desserts that range between about $5 and $8. There’s a brunch menu, including oatmeal, egg and sausage paninis, and waffles, served daily until 2 p.m. The Strawberry Belgium Waffle, served with a strawberry-flavored whipped cream, is packed with the perfect amount of strawberry pieces and strawberry flavor.

“I know it’s crowded and crazy in downtown [Greenville], so we wanted to give students the choice of a place to come in and relax,” Li said. “They can sit down, have a conversation with their friends, or use their computers on our free Wi-Fi, or just hang out and get something healthy to eat and drink.”

With a quiet atmosphere, creative menu and special drinks, Tealoha provides the perfect place to break from the normal coffeehouse ritual.