WBJU to entertain with Mystery Night program

Students are invited to tune in tonight to WBJU 104.5 FM or online at WBJU.home.bju.edu for Mystery Night, an evening of entertainment brought to you by WBJU campus media. Mystery Night will consist of a radio portion from 6 to 8 p.m., and a movie from 8 to 10:15 p.m. The program is a great chance to take a break from homework and enjoy time with friends.

The radio portion of the night will consist of several live radio shifts hosted by the WBJU staff. Classic radio dramas will be played, and students can listen and watch the radio drama through the TV cast that will be displayed on televisions located in the residence halls and Snack Shop.

The Mystery Night broadcast can also be heard on WBJU’s new WBJU IQ Radio that can be streamed online at WBJU.home.bju.edu.

According to WBJU’s radio production manager, Andrea Sanford, this new version of WBJU’s radio station is “a relaxing study music station with study tips and study breaks made by and for college students.”

Students can listen to WBJU IQ Radio by navigating to its Facebook page, WBJU IQ Radio, and by clicking on the “Listen Now” icon.

Another way to access WBJU IQ Radio is to download the app, SHOUTcast, which is compatible with iPhone and Android.  “Gone are the days of having to listen in the car to tune in,” Sanford said.

An Alfred Hitchcock movie, the 1934 version of The Man Who Knew Too Much, will be televised after the radio portion. Like the radio programs, the movie will be broadcast on televisions in the residence hall and in the Snack Shop, and is sponsored by WBJU and the Snack Shop.

During the day, there will be a campus-wide scavenger hunt. WBJU has placed 15 pumpkins around campus, and students are encouraged to look for these pumpkins because they have secret instructions and a code. Students who find the pumpkins with the codes should call the WBJU studio (dial extension 2730) during the radio program to receive a prize from either Chick-fil-A or Spill the Beans.