BJU offers exercise classes

Jordyn Britton
Attendees enjoy the Spin It Out group exercise class on Feb. 8, 2023. Photo: Jordyn Britton

The Division of Exercise and Sport Science is hosting four exercise classes taught by Grace Bergeron starting Feb. 6 in Mack Building Room 107. Bergeron, a senior kinesiology major, will teach courses such as Sprint It Out, Power Hour, Full Body Blitz Boot Camp and Fit for Life, which are open to any Bob Jones University student, faculty or staff member.  

As a part of her internship, Bergeron has designed each course to meet specific needs and help participants reach their goals and improve themselves, Bergeron said. The Sprint It Out class, which will be held Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-1:50 p.m., focuses on high-intensity cardiovascular exercises and features different scenarios, like pretending to cycle up a hill, Bergeron said.  

Similarly, the Power Hour class, which will be hosted Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-4:50 p.m., incorporates weight-lifting exercises to increase the participant’s strength. In the same way, the Full Body Blitz Boot Camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-12:50 p.m. combines middle- to high-intensity workouts, interval training, strength training and circuit training.  

The Fit for Life class, which will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-4:50 p.m., will help those with low fitness levels through weight-bearing exercises. Through all classes, Bergeron seeks to support those who attend, despite the level they are at. “My passion is training people who think that they’re not strong enough … showing them they can do it, and it’s really simple,” Bergeron said.  

Bergeron said she wants to create a safe and enjoyable environment where participants can reach their fullest potential at their own pace and see how beneficial working out is for the body. She also hopes “[they] find that love for exercising because for me … I do better when I am with other people,” Bergeron said.  

Personally, Bergeron expects to grow in her teaching and communication skills by teaching the classes. She also hopes to earn a group exercise certificate by the end of the sessions and pursue a future as a personal or group exercise trainer.  

The classes will begin on Feb. 6 and go through Apr. 21, with a cost of $15 (cash only), including all sessions. To sign up, click here, or contact Grace Bergeron through her email address, [email protected]. 

Attendees enjoy the Spin It Out group exercise class organized by Grace Bergeron. Photo: Jordyn Britton