Student Leadership Council reveals theme, Ignite schedule

BJU Photo
Students are having fellowship at the ignites. BJU, Greenville, SC, September 21, 2018. (Steve Choi)

The Student Leadership Council announced the theme for this year, “Collectively Called, Individually Empowered,” on Sept. 18.

Abby Klass, assistant communications director of the SLC, said, “The idea is that we are collectively called to be here at Bob Jones [University] worshipping as Christians but individually empowered to use the unique talents God has given us to carry out the Gospel.”

This theme will be emphasized in student body chapels and SLC events throughout the rest of the year. The first event, Ignite, is tonight from 10 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. at the Activity Center. Curfew is extended for students if they go to Ignite.

Ignite is an opportunity for students to enjoy Christian fellowship outside of classes through games, food, a spiritual challenge and group singing. To get the most out of Ignite, whether this is your first or you’ve attended them all, the SLC suggested trying to meet someone new and incorporate this year’s theme into your conversation.

Take turns sharing how God has specifically empowered you to spread the Gospel and in what ways you intend to use your time at the University to best live out your calling. In addition, you can empower your fellow believers do the same.

Tonight’s Ignite is just the first event of many this year.

Follow @bjuslc on Instagram to learn about upcoming events and to see highlights from previous ones.

The SLC also said to keep your eyes peeled for awesome merchandise that will be available for purchase soon.