In light of Christ’s sacrifice, live to spread Gospel Truth to dying world

In Tuesday’s chapel message, director of the CGO Mark Vowels challenged the student body to fulfill the Great Commission. Vowels discussed the reality that so many die each day without Jesus, calling the audience to action.

As Vowels said, it’s easy to become desensitized to the Gospel because we’re so familiar with it.

Many of us have had the privilege of growing up in Christian homes surrounded by the Truth. But instead of spurring us to spread Christ’s Truth to others, that advantage can often translate into complacency.

Perhaps we need to meditate on the immensity of Jesus’ sacrifice for us. Artist depictions of Jesus’ crucifixion are much milder than reality. The Bible says that every bone in His body was out of joint, that He didn’t even look human. He endured the worst possible death so we could have life.

What if Jesus hadn’t come to save us? We would have no hope, no love, no joy, no purpose.  Yet that pointless life is reality for billions around the world who’ve never even heard the name of Jesus.

Luke 12:48 says, “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required…” When you stand in God’s presence, will you be able to tell Him you fulfilled His command to share the Gospel with our dying world?

It’s easy to hide behind excuses for not participating in missions such as lack of money or lack of time. But how can we make excuses for not fulfilling our Savior’s command when all we have belongs to Him?

Realize we only exist for God’s pleasure, and live in light of that reality every day.