Sciortino’s brings New York-style pizza to Greenville

Pizza from Scirotino’s Trattoria, Monday 4-10-2017. Taken in Greenville, SC for a Collegian restaurant review.

Located 15 minutes from  the BJU campus, Sciortino’s Trattoria & Pizzeria is a small Italian-American restaurant on Pelham Road near I-85.

The restaurant features pizzas, calzones, soups, salads, and various pasta and chicken entrees.

Inside the restaurant, staff create a calm atmosphere with dim lighting, curtains and candles. Italian opera music plays on the speakers, and the wait staff are patient and friendly.

Guests are greeted and then served drinks and complimentary bread rolls that are covered in oil and garlic.

Customers can order pizzas in either 12’’ or 16’’ or by individual slice.

The 12’’ specialty pizzas vary from $10.95 to $11.95.

Sciortino’s deep dish pizzas begin at $21.95. Gluten- free pizzas with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce are available in 10” for $11.95.

Unique specialty pizza options include buffalo chicken pizza, Caesar salad pizza and baked ziti pizza.

One interesting calzone recipe is the Hippie Roll, stuffed with pork sausage, peppers, onions, mozzarella and tomato sauce.

A variety of fish, chicken, and veal entrees, such as chicken marsala ($17.95), chicken parmigiana ($15.95), veal cacciatore ($20.95) and salmon vesuvio ($19.95) are also on the menu.

The restaurant is part of a chain, but each restaurant has a different name.

The original restaurant is called Green Meadows. Here, the restaurant is named after the local owner and has been open for six years.

“We want people to have a good time and eat good food” waiter John David said.

And with great service and quality Italian-American food, it isn’t too hard.

Sciortino’s Trattoria & Pizzeria is open for lunch and dinner from Tuesday to Saturday. Hours for Tuesday through Thursday are 11 a.m.-9 p.m. The Pizzeria is open Friday 11 a.m.-10 p.m. and Saturday 12 p.m.- 10 p.m.