Treat your taste buds with Tropical Smoothie Café

The Tropical Smoothie Cafe serves a variety of delicious smoothies.

The Greenville area now boasts its first Tropical Smoothie Café, and the café has arrived just in time to meet the energy needs of students preparing for the last few weeks of the semester and final exams.

Tropical Smoothie Café is located at 1118 Woodruff Road in the shopping center with Trader Joe’s.

According to The Greenville News, the café dedicated to fresh ingredients and healthy alternatives to fast food was brought to Greenville by two veterans of the restaurant industry who most recently worked with the Denny’s Corporation, Bill Ruby and Greg Powell. The two business partners hope to bring several of the restaurants to the Upstate.

Tropical Smoothie Café’s modern design and bright colors make even rainy days feel like a day on an island beach.

On a recent afternoon, the restaurant was frequently visited but never crowded with ample seating available and tables near electrical outlets. The café offers free Wi-Fi making it an ideal place to study alone with a smoothie or relax with friends on a study break.

The café offers a variety of smoothies, sandwiches, wraps and salads. All smoothies are 24 ounces and cost between $4 and $6. A smoothie and half a sandwich or a half salad costs $7.49, and a smoothie can be added to any food item for $3.79.

Tropical Smoothie Café offers 11 classic smoothies that cost $4.79 each. The Mango Magic is a delicious mix of mango, pineapple and non-fat yogurt. The Sunny Day is a creamy combination of mango, banana, orange juice and kiwi.

Tropical Smoothie Café offers eight “green smoothies” that include antioxidant-filled ingredients like spinach, kale, avocado and goji. The Detox Island Green is naturally sweetened and contains spinach, kale, mango, pineapple, banana and ginger.

Supercharged smoothies are ideal for those looking for extra nutritional value and cost $5.29. The Triple Berry Oat contains strawberries, blueberries, cranberry, multi-vitamin, ground flax seed, whole grain oats, whey protein and Splenda. In the Lean Machine, Tropical Smoothie Café combines strawberries and bananas with fat burner and energizer.   

Indulgent smoothies are a healthier alternative to the typical dessert and also cost $5.29. The popular Bahama Mama is a mix of strawberries, pineapple, white chocolate and coconut.

The café offers four different types of sandwiches including the Ultimate Club, made with ham, turkey, bacon and Swiss cheese. Most of the menu’s sandwiches cost around $7.

The restaurant also offers 13 types of fresh wraps and flatbreads including two breakfast omelet wraps and a breakfast flatbread filled with peanut butter, banana, honey and granola.

Tropical Smoothie Café is open daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.