Week at a Glance

Click image to enlarge.

WAG22.0

Pre-Law Forum

On March 20, attorney Butch Bowers will present this semester’s fourth Pre-Law Forum and will speak on a topic that he has spent years studying and defending: free speech.

In a time when free speech is an increasingly discussed and controversial issue, few are as qualified to speak on the topic as Bowers. Bowers has served as the attorney to the governor of South Carolina and as a consultant to the Bush administration and has spent years of his career fighting for the First Amendment.

“Free speech is such an integral part of American society, so I think his talk will speak to people in communication, in law, in business, all kinds of people,” said Randy Page, the University’s director of public relations, who invited the speaker on behalf of the forum.

The event is open to all students and will be held at 6 p.m. in Levinson Hall.

Student Body Sky Zone Activity 

Students will be able to have some high-flying, late-night fun on March 21 at Sky Zone Trampoline Park, as the Student Leadership Council presents another late-night activity.

For $15, students will have total access from 10:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. to Sky Zone’s huge trampoline park, which features a foam pit, jumping areas, and dodgeball and basketball courts. During the event, the SLC will also have a dodgeball tournament, which Patrick Beam, SLC event coordinator, said he is particularly excited about.

“I’m excited we have [the park] for two hours,” Beam said. “It’s exhausting, but fun. The SLC got to play dodgeball for 15 minutes, and it was a blast. We’re excited to go back.”

Tickets are available at the Activities & Organizations office.