Week at a Glance

Click image to enlarge.

WAG2

Leadership Workshop: Business Communication

Chris Pennington of the Center for Leadership Development will host a business communication workshop in Stratton Hall at 6 p.m. on Monday, March 3. Three panelists will answer student questions about business communication with superiors and subordinates as well as the process of getting a job. Students can submit questions prior to or during the workshop by emailing questions to [email protected].

Woodwind Ensembles

The University Woodwind Choir, under the direction of Mr. Robert Chest, and the University Flute Choir, under the direction of Dr. Esther Waite, will hold a concert of small ensembles in War Memorial Chapel at 5 p.m. on March 3.

Several classical pieces will be played by various small ensembles, including a clarinet ensemble, a saxophone quartet and a flute octet. An interesting piece, titled “Three Musketeers,” will also be played by an oboe, clarinet, saxophone and bassoon.

Leadership Workshop: Biblical Discipleship 

Dr. Dan Olinger, chairman of the Division of Bible, will speak at the Biblical Discipleship Workshop, part of the Center for Leadership Development series.

The workshop is designed to define biblical discipleship and will allow time for questions and answers. All students are invited to attend. The workshop will be held in Levinson Hall at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 5.

Extemporaneous Writing Contest

Calling all writers! An extemporaneous writing contest will be held in Lecture B at 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 6. Students interested in participating should arrive for the contest with paper and a pen or pencil. The essay topic will be announced, and participants will write an essay that responds to the topic. Participants are given 60 minutes to complete the essay. The winner receives a medallion and a letter as well as public recognition during the annual Contest Awards and Honors Recital in May.