Acclaimed talk show host to visit, speak on secularism

Dennis Prager will speak at BJU on Feb. 20. Photo: Submitted

Bob Jones University will host Los Angeles radio talk show host Dennis Prager in the Founder’s Memorial Amphitorium on Feb. 20 at 7 p.m.

Prager is the first speaker in this year’s Presidential Leadership Series, which invites influential speakers every semester to speak to the university body and the local Greenville community.

A graduate of Brooklyn College and Columbia University, Prager is a nationally acclaimed public speaker and columnist based in Los Angeles, Calif., and New York, N.Y. He is best known for his nationally syndicated broadcast, “The Dennis Prager Show,” which airs in Los Angeles Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. PST. Prager is well known for his conservative views on modern issues of morality and public policy.

Prager frequently appears on television shows such as “Larry King Live,” “Hannity & Colmes” and the “Today” show, and has published various columns in the Los Angeles Times and The Wall Street Journal.

He is also the founder and current president of Prager University, a unique online resource offering five-minute “courses” on a wide range of topics, such as economics, history and religion.

According to the Los Angeles Times, he is “an amazingly gifted man and moralist whose mission in life has been crystallized — ‘to get people obsessed with what is right and wrong.’”

Prager will speak on “The Consequences of Secularism” to provide insight on moral dilemmas, political questions and religious issues that many in the university family may face on a daily basis.

“[Prager] is a leading conservative thinker, who comes at [arguments] from an intellectual, logical perspective, instead of from an emotional angle,” said Randy Page, BJU’s director of public relations. “This is an opportunity for a college audience to hear from an established opinion leader, [an experience that’s] a value-added component of a liberal arts education.”

“We are delighted to host speakers at BJU who can inform and challenge our students,” Dr. Stephen Jones said.

Students, faculty and staff, and the Greenville community are invited to attend this event.

BJU will host U.S. Senator Tim Scott at the next Presidential Leadership Series on April 22.