Week at a Glance

Verdi/Wagner Faculty Series
Friday, 5 p.m., Stratton Hall

Ice Cream Social
Friday, 7–9 p.m., Gazebo

Verdi/Wagner Faculty Series
Saturday, 7 p.m., War Memorial Chapel

Motivating Your Followers
Tuesday, 7 p.m., Levinson Hall

Integrity of a Leader
Tuesday, 7 p.m., Stratton Hall

Ice Cream Social
The Student Leadership Council will host a vintage-themed ice cream social in the Gazebo tonight at 7 p.m. All students are invited to come out and enjoy a bowl of ice cream, complete with toppings, for $3. Students may wear casual attire and are encouraged to bring blankets to sit on the grass while enjoying an evening of food, fellowship and live music. The SLC is looking forward to this event as an opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow students.

Verdi/Wagner Faculty Series
A faculty series celebrating the 200th anniversary of the births of 19th century composers Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner will commence tonight at 5 p.m. with a lecture in Stratton Hall given by Dr. Karen Wilson. Over the next two weeks, various members of the music faculty will present recitals from both Verdi’s and Wagner’s works. The recitals will feature piano, string and vocal performances along with an array of arias, lieder (German art songs) and other selections by Verdi and Wagner. “It’s such a nice variety,” Dr. Wilson said.

Student Leader Workshops
Two workshops, Motivating Your Followers and The Integrity of a Leader, will occur simultaneously at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. Mr. Jeff Bryson will speak in Stratton Hall on the integrity in leadership, while Mr. Kasey McClure will speak in Levinson Hall on the topic of motivation. Although room leaders, group leaders and major student organization leaders must attend one of four workshops, all students are invited to attend. Mr. Chris Pennington said they are designed to equip students for their present and future leadership roles.