2024 edition of “The Vintage” yearbook to be released April 30

“The Vintage” editor offers a few hints at its secret theme.
Madeline Peters
Distribution of the 2023 Vintage yearbook in Rodeheaver Lobby. Photo courtesy of BJU.

“The Vintage,” Bob Jones University’s yearbook, will release its 2024 edition to students next week. The finished product represents the hard work and dedication of the students and faculty members on the yearbook staff. 

“The Vintage” has been a BJU publication since 1934. This year marks the 90th anniversary of its founding. Jillian Sitton, the editor, says that the yearbook captures the unique talents and personalities of the people involved.

Former BJU President Steve Pettit signs a Vintage. Photo courtesy of BJU. (Hal Cook)

“I enjoy it because you get to look back, and you see what the students at that time thought was significant to their story,” Sitton said. “I also think it’s a key part of the school because you allow students the opportunity to take part in telling the story. … It is the university’s opportunity to be able to say, from the student’s perspective, ‘This was our year.’” 

All issues of “The Vintage” are based on a Christ-centered theme. While many details remain secret, Sitton said the theme for this yearbook is centered on who God is, and how He cares for people in a world marred by sin.  

“I think that it speaks into just the complexities of everyday life, and how as fallen beings we live in a world that is frequently frustrating and confusing,” Sitton said. “Life is complicated, and it’s made even more complicated by sin. … I will say it addresses the everyday struggles as well as the unexpected struggles.”

Distribution of the 2023 Vintage yearbook. Photo courtesy of BJU.

The new yearbook will be distributed after chapel on Tuesday, April 30th.