D’Allesandro’s provides friendly eating experience

Joanna King
Indoor of D’Alessandro’s Pizza Restaurant, Greenville, SC, March 3, 2019. (Joanna King)

Pizza is always a good idea, but pizza in a unique and accommodating spot is even better.

From the get-go, D’Allesandro’s Pizza offers variety and energy. Plenty of off-road parking is available at their location on 17 Mohawk Drive, so there is no need to endure the typical frustrating search and lengthy walk, even on busy nights. Strings of lights crisscross the air above patio seating, welcoming guests to enjoy the warm spring air.  

On the left side of the entrance is a play area for families, with an open section for tossing a ball and a platform to climb and spot dinosaurs or fight pirate ships.  Huge windows let in plenty of natural light, and as guests walk in the front door, they can look out to the left to see the playing kids or look behind to the right to see the patio with additional seating.

The unique bike-themed decor adds to the intriguing and at-ease atmosphere. The high ceiling sports creative light fixtures made from intertwined bicycle wheel frames, the tables have pizza holders decorated with miniature metal bikes and even the employee t-shirts have bike themed logos. A sign they want to go places, perhaps?

Diners can watch the team making pizzas behind the counter along the back wall of the restaurant.  The dough is hand tossed in the air on one end and slid into the oven on the other, with all the toppings taking their places in between. The seating accommodates dinner dates, small groups and large gatherings alike.

There are booths by the large windows for brighter meals as well as tucked away toward the back for a calmer, warmer ambiance. Two long tables right in the middle are perfect for when the whole team, discipleship group or friend squad vote for pizza night.

The next item of business is to choose from the lengthy list of pizza options. Along with a huge variety of vegetarian options, D’Al’s offers pizzas like the Nicky Spicy and the Spicy Benny that sport jalapenos and the people-pleasing classic Supreme and Chicken Ranch.

The pineapple on pizza debate could also be settled over the Luau or Hawaiian.  Or to avoid a war over pineapple, the menu also offers salad and calzone options. Either way, no one wants to miss out on the addictive cheesy garlic bread. Seriously.

From the first bite, it is obvious D’Al’s food is quality. The cheese is rich, the veggies fresh and the crust well supports the whole experience (pun intended).  The atmosphere invites everyone to chat and laugh at ease, with light background music and casual babbling around the restaurant.   

Prices are $8-$12 for a 10” (6 slices), $13-$18 for a 12” (6 bigger slices) and $17-$20 for a 16” (8 big slices), depending on the ingredients.  It is also very easy to have the pizzas cut into fewer or more slices on request. A calzone is $7, and a half order of that amazing cheesy bread is $3.

Straight from the website, D’Allesandro’s Pizza itself sums it up the best: “We value our customers, we value quality ingredients, and we believe in delivering great pizza.”