Intramural basketball championships

Rebecca Snyder
There are different activities that go on behind the scene in the dfh, BJU, March 5, 2019. (Rebecca Snyder)

The intramural basketball season ended with a bang the weekend of Feb. 25.

Eight teams, six societies and four games later, the winning teams were determined.

For the men’s recreation league, the Pi Gamma Royals B team played the Phi Beta Chi Bulldogs B team. The Royals pulled ahead of the Bulldogs toward the end, wrapping up the game with a score of 72-61.

In the second game of the afternoon, the Pi Delta Chi Classics B team played the Theta Sigma Chi Colts B team. The Classics started out the game strong, holding a nine-point lead at the start of the game. Then the Colts kicked it into gear and stepped up their game. The Colts recovered points and won 37-27.

The Colts and Classics met again in the A team championship game. This game was close as the teams fought for the championship bowl. Again, the Colts emerged victorious, as they pulled ahead 34-32 at the last second.

The final game of the night was Alpha Theta Pi Razorbacks A against the Chi Alpha Pi Cavaliers A. The game was intense from the get-go.

Multiple times, the Cavs were down by about seven points but were able to even the score again with their three-point shots and aggressive play. However, Alpha managed to stay just ahead and won by one point, 72-71.

Saturday night wrapped up the intramural basketball season. Congratulations to the Royals B, Colts B, Colts A and Alpha A teams on their victories.

Coming up next in intramurals are volleyball, softball, ping pong, badminton and racquetball.