Miracle Hill to honor foster care workers, families

Miracle Hill will be hosting its 80th Anniversary Fundraising Gala on March 21.

The event will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the TD Convention Center in Greenville.

Miracle Hill helps underprivileged families in Greenville and the surrounding areas.

This banquet will honor the foster care workers and other families involved in Miracle Hill’s foster care ministry.

This year’s theme focuses on miracles and fundraising.

The banquet costs $25 per person, and benefactors frequently contribute to Miracle Hill’s initiative by donating money to the organization.

Companies often buy entire tables and have people from their company attend the event.

It’s the company’s way of making a donation and having a presence.

For several years, BJU students have volunteered at the banquet, welcoming people as they enter the building and overseeing crowd control. Normally, about 30 students volunteer at the banquet.

Kayla Baldwin, a junior graphic design major, serves on the Community Service Council and has attended the event for the past two years.

As a member of CSC this year, Baldwin has enjoyed undertaking the project and organizing BJU’s involvement with the Miracle Hill banquet.

She’s been working alongside the ministry’s volunteer coordinators to prepare for the event.

“It’s not that much of a time commitment at all,” she said. “It’s a really good networking event too.”

Baldwin said that, at last year’s event, she met a woman who’d been a foster parent for 40 years.”

Baldwin said a couple of thousand people attend each year. Those who attend have invested in the Miracle Hill foster care ministry, and they often bring their friends.

South Carolina currently has over 2,000 children in foster homes—not including those who don’t have a foster home yet.

“It’s cool to be a part of thanking the people there and seeing people whose lives have been turned around by this ministry,” Baldwin said.

Baldwin said she was really involved in foster care ministries back home, especially because her parents were foster parents.

“I can’t think of a more worthy use of our time—just for a few hours the first day of Spring Break to give back to a community that takes care of the fatherless and the needy,” she said.

A link will be sent out for BJU students to sign up. Dinner and rides will be provided.