Willy Taco brings Tex Mex flavor to former Feed & Seed

Willy Taco is a restaurant on Lauren’s Rd. in Greenville SC.

Are you hungry for delicious food and fulfilling atmosphere?

Willy Taco Feed & Seed is a new and vibrant Tex Mex restaurant near downtown Greenville.

Willy Taco, located on the corner of Washington and Laurens roads in Greenville, is only a six-minute drive from campus. Willy Taco is a sit-down restaurant with table service.

During busy hours, customers should plan for a short 15- to 20-minute wait as the restaurant is often full.

Willy Taco has a large lot with sufficient parking and the building itself is over 6,000 square feet.

The Greenville location of Willy Taco is a new restaurant, just opening in December of last year.

However, many in the Upstate are already familiar with the food and service Willy Taco provides.

The original Willy Taco is a popular restaurant in Spartanburg.

According to the Willy Taco website, the restaurant was founded out of desire for a different dining experience in Spartanburg with fresh ingredients and flavor.

True to its name, the Willy Taco building was formerly a feed and seed store.

The restaurant has paid homage to the building’s history, mixing modern industrial design with an antiquated theme. Feed signs hang from walls in several places while antique doors hang from the ceiling at the center of the main dining room.

According to the Greenville News, the five owners of Willy Taco bought the building with the intention to bring it back to life.

The Feed & Seed building has become a landmark in the Greenville area; it has been situated at the Washington Street corner since the 1930s.

The owners of Willy Taco invite all to take part in their “fiesta.” Willy Taco offers a relaxed and fun atmosphere centered on none other than its signature dish—tacos.

Each taco costs around $3 to $4 with the exception of the Tuna Cobra Kai, a $6 taco with chili-seared yellowfin tuna, brown rice, shaved cabbage, dojo sauce, crushed cashews, pickled carrots and shaved radish.

Other popular tacos include the Crispy Avocado, a claimed favorite of Southern Living magazine.

The Crispy Avocado features tempura battered avocado, shaved cabbage, sweet chili sauce, microgreens, toasted sesame seeds, house crema and pico.

Besides tacos, other dishes include tortas or Mexican sandwiches, Mexican street corn, jalapeño cheddar grits, Tex Mex salads and more.

The Burrito Bowl 2.0 includes a hearty bowl of organic brown rice, ranchero beans, pico, guacamole, crumbled queso fresco, grilled corn, green onions, shaved jalapeños and frizzled onions for both a spicy and crunchy experience. The bowl is available for $8.    

Willy Taco is open from 11 a.m.–11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.  Sunday and 11 a.m.–10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.