Banquet to honor over 200 student leaders at BJU

Student leaders converse during the 2013 Student Leadership Banquet. Photo: Photo Services

The Student Leadership Banquet to honor BJU’s student leaders will be held Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Greenville.

Matthew Weathers, student leadership coordinator, said the Center for Leadership Development plans the banquet for student leaders who fill volunteer positions that take a lot of time and effort throughout the academic year. The Center for Leadership Development does small things throughout the year for student leaders, but the leadership banquet is the major formal event that serves to thank student leaders for their service and hard work.   

Over 200 invitations for the banquet were sent out to BJU student leaders.

Students who have served this year as Inter-Society Council members, society presidents, vice presidents and chaplains, and members of the Student Leadership Council are invited to the banquet. Dr. and Mrs. Pettit and other executives, as well as leadership development staff, plan to attend.

The banquet will have an open schedule without formal speeches or planned events. The Center for Leadership Development will give a brief welcome and thank the leaders, but the rest of the evening will be a time of good food and fellowship.

Weathers said he hopes the student leaders leave the banquet physically and emotionally satisfied.

“We appreciate [the student leaders] and desire their continued successes in the leadership opportunities that God gives to them in the future,” Weathers said.