Week at a glance

OPUS 6
Saturday, April 20

The official vocal performance ensemble of the Bob Jones University Voice Department, Opus 6, will perform in Stratton Hall on Saturday, April 20, at 1 p.m. Under the direction of Dr. David Parker, pieces will feature music through the ages.

SOULWINNING CONFERENCE
Next Week

Next week the University will welcome Pastor Mike Knight as the speaker for a series of chapel messages centered on soulwinning. The conference will encourage students in their soulwinning endeavors over the summer break. Knight is an undergraduate and seminary graduate of the University and is now the pastor of Community Baptist Church in Clayton, N.C. Mr. Kyle Wilcox, administrative assistant to Dr. Stephen Jones, said the purpose of the special emphasis is to stir up the students, faculty and staff for evangelism. “It’s kind of a send-off as [we’re] going off into the summer,” he said. “Don’t forget our greatest commission.”

PREREGISTRATION PERIOD OPENS FOR I SEMESTER
Begins Monday, April 22

StudentCentral will open for students to submit trial schedules for preregistration beginning Monday, April 22. The Records Office will notify students by email when they can submit their trial schedules for approval.

UNIVERSITY MUSIC FINALS
Monday, 7 p.m., Stratton Hall, and Tuesday, 7 p.m., War Memorial Chapel

Students participating in the University’s fine arts competition will perform in the final round this upcoming week. The first of the performances will take place Monday, April 22, at 7 p.m. in Stratton Hall and will include piano, brass and a presentation of the winning piece for the composition competition. The second performance will be in War Memorial Chapel at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 23, and will include woodwinds, bowed strings and women’s and men’s voice.

Three finalists will perform for each of the categories of competition (except for composition), and the winners will be announced in chapel the following week. The winners will go on to perform at the honors recital during commencement week.

NEW ROOM LEADERS MEETING
Thursday, 6-7 p.m., Rodeheaver Auditorium

New room leaders will gather on Thursday, April 25, in Rodeheaver Auditorium from 6 to 7 p.m. for a meeting led by Mr. Chris Pennington, coordinator of student leadership development. The meeting will focus on an introduction to discipleship and “Embracing God’s Mission” for leadership within the residence halls. Pennington said his hope is that students will come away from the meeting with a dedication to aligning their leadership with God’s mission for ministry.

STUDENT TICKETS AVAILABLE
Thursday, 12-5 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Programs and Productions

Ticket slips for Macbeth, the final Artist Series of the semester, will be available at Programs and Productions from noon until 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, and from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 26.

Tickets can also be purchased by calling 864-770-1372.